Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL's not showing in Campaigns section - what am I doing wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to setup tracking for my Adroll retargetting adverts by adding UTM info to my adverts.

Example:

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=WebBanner&utm_content=728x90&utm_campai...

I used the google URL builder to generate it.

I can see from the Adroll control panel that the above link has had a few clicks. I have also entered it directly into my browser, to make sure that Adroll is not stripping out the UTM parameters.

So, my understanding is that when I go into the Campaigns section on GA these inbound clicks should showing as part of a campaign, but there is no sign of them currently. Am I missing a step? I've Googled it for hours but can't find anything that refers to any other part of the process other than just building the correct URL's, but I guess I'm missing something...

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom G
April 2016

Re: Custom URL's not showing in Campaigns section - what am I doing wrong?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Tom,

This issue seems to be with your home page. I tried adding these parameters to a couple of your other pages, and it looks fine. But when I paste the link you provided (specifically for the home page) into the browser, it immediately drops the custom parameters. It looks like something on your end is removing them when used on the home page.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alexander,

Ahhhhh....

How weird is that, it looks like anything starting with ? added to the homepage URL automatically redirects back to root, but on other pages it works fine.

The coder must have added something in the HTAccess, I'll get that sorted.

Thank you.

Tom.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Great! Hope your coder is able to resolve it quickly!