Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Segments -- a Limit of Four?? How can I get a full table of data?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to get data on individual page URLs.

To accomplish this task, I have been building "advanced segments" like this:

Segment > Advanced / Conditions> "Page" (contains) {the URL I'm targeting}.

This allows me to target metrics on a specific page. I have about 60 pages that I want to segment using this process.

Unfortunately, I now see that Analytics will only let you select and view a total of four segments in the summary table view. This is completely inadequate.

1. Am I using the wrong solution for the need? This was producing exactly what I need (the ability to track individual URLs), but it was not producing a full table view. Is there a way to include and see all of my custom segments in a single, complete view?

2. Is there a better way to track individual/unique URLs? What I'm trying to get metrics on is how many users are going to various shopping cart categories. The category name is what's unique in each URL.

Thanks very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Segments -- a Limit of Four?? How can I get a full table of data?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Have you considered Content Grouping? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2853423?hl=en - you are limited to 5 content groupings, but you have unlimited groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Philip --
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for offering an idea. I'll look into this this morning and report back. I really appreciate it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Philip -- I'm unable to see the "content grouping" link in Admin>view. This is a client account -- do they need to grant me access for this feature?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
You should be fine - here is a screenshot http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1160212/0f507fea1f1ff30f00e871c0deae9ca4

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Its per view.