Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Reports aren't loading when editing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason I can't edit any custom report any more? When I try to Edit a custom report it gives me the following JS error and I can't click on the Dimension or add a new one.

See screenshot:

http://s3.postimg.org/ampjja7zl/Screen_Shot_2015_11_12_at_10_02_16_am.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Reports aren't loading when editing?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Koen, how are things?

Have you tried the standard things like testing on another browser or incognito mode, and maybe clearing your data and cookies? I know those are pretty basic, but usually errors like these happen on client side, either by plugins or something causing else. If this is happening on every browser and even in incognito mode, it's definitely something tied to your account, if it's not, it's just on your browser instance.

Can you do some tests?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi mate,

I've tested it on Firefox and Chrome (also incognito mode) and still the same problem. Looking at the JS errors and the page itself it should be a account specific error and not really client side. Just wondering if this was something that other people are experiencing as well.

In the screenshot, under Report Section you can see some text that normally isn't there. We currently don't have GAP but the Funnels that are talked about are a GAP feature only (although I've never seen that text when working with GAP).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am seeing the same issue, and I just tried it on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It was the same in all three. Custom report page hangs and you can't make any changes.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hey Guys, this is very strange, since according to the services page, Analytics haven't been out:
http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=status

It would be great if you could get in touch with support. You can do that at the top right corner of this page:
https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906&contact=1

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just talked to Google Support, and they are looking into it. Asked if he can keep this topic updated with the latest information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent, thanks - this has been hitting my productivity pretty hard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just wanted to verify this. I also cant make or change any custom reports. I tried in both Firefox and Chrome. I also get this message that I dont remember getting before:

Report Content
'Funnel' type disabled. You can't mix funnel and non-funnel tabs.
Non 'Funnel' types disabled. Custom reports with funnel tabs can only contain funnel tabs.

And the top of the screen says "Loading" the whole time.

Jaap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes -- that is the exact problem I'm seeing. And it is still happening this morning.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It also happens to me.