Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Reports Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mathew A

New Visitor

Hi,

I'm new to the Google Analytics community. I had a question regarding creating custom reports. I want to display basic data such as pageviews, date, time on page, IP address, etc broken down by individual page. In order to do this I created custom reports that were filtered by the specific URL for each individual page. However, depending on which dimensions and metrics I include in the custom report, the number of data points (sessions) varies despite trying to analyze the data for the same page. For instance, if I deleted the mobile dimension or the time on page metric from the report below, the new report would have a different number of sessions. How can I correct this? Would I be able to achieve better success using segments and conditions rather than filters?

Thank you!

analytics.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Reports Help

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

When working with custom reports start out simple with something along these lines verify that your numbers are correct and then add additional dimensions one by one to see what affect they may have on your numbers.

sample2.png

Custom Reports Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds good! Just wondering how would you recommend that I look at individual pages? Should I use the filter option to identify a specific page using its URL?