Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Reports: Cannot remove dimensions or metrics from report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use custom reports a lot and since the new interface has launched I am unable to remove any dimensions or metrics I add to a custom report.  For example, I create a new custom report, add in all of my metrics and there is no "x" to remove individual metrics from my report.  Once they're added, I'm stuck with them. 

Any ideas?  

I'm on Windows 10 using Chrome browser and have tested on Edge too.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Reports: Cannot remove dimensions or metrics from report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emily S :-)
Even though no X's are visible, if you mouse/hover over the space inbetween two of the metric squares slowly, does an x appear?.. even if an x does not appear, what happens if you click that area anyhow? Does it work to remove the metric square to the right of it?

remove-metric.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue. Nothing happens when I hover in the space.  If I click on the dots on the left, a slight grey x appears under the box, but If I let go of my mouse, the x disappears. I try to drag the metric blue box off my screen and that doesn't work. my only solution at the moment is to build a new metric group...
Anyone else facing this too?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I'm having the exact same issue. I am the only one in the office with windows 10 and it works for everyone else on other Windows versions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have no x's at all in Flat Table view and even if i hover or click in the area between the metrics/dimensions, there is nothing there.  My x's are just ... absent.

FlatTable.JPG

When I change to Explorer, the x's appear next to the wrong metric and the first two are hidden outside the table - like a styling issue.  

Explorer.JPG

I emailed with a Google rep who said to just use the explorer view - but I can't remove metrics, only dimensions.  This is driving me crazy.  

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have experienced exactly same issue. If you change the size of your browser window, you should be able to see those X-s.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is what happens when I resize. I get some x's but ... ?

resized.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Emily, you're right, it's broken. Hope that it's somehow possible to build a custom report if you resize your window. I know, it's frustrating and I hope Google will fix this soon.

Taavi

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have been experiencing the same issue for a while and hope Google will fix it soon!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello to all,

You can do this. 

Those who are facing this issue, you all need to Zoom in your page resolution. As you reach 100% or beyond that resolution you will be seeing a "cross" mark between two metrics or dimension.

Hope this will help you.

Regards