Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report for two Pages only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a new custom report in Google Analytics for two pages. I do not need the entire site's traffic data. Just traffic received on two pages. The metrics I am trying to track are Page views, Unique Pageviews, Time on Site and Bounce Rate for those two pages.

Here's what I have done so far:

1. Went to Customization tab, clicked on New Report.
  2. Added Page views, Unique pageviews, Bounce rate and Avg. time on site under Metric groups.
  3. Dimension Drilldowns for Page (is this right?)
  4. In Filters, I have added an Include > Page > Exact > URL of 1st page.

When I try adding another filter for second page like point 4, I see 0s when the report is generated. Have also tried adding the second page URL separated by the '|'. But, it still does not work. What am I doing wrong here? Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Report for two Pages only

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Filters can be tricky, usually multiple include filters will not work as a filters work in the order they are applied so if any visits that do not match the first condition are discarded without making it to the 2nd include filter.

Best thing to do in this instance is to use a regex based on the page URLs and a pipe character | as an "or" operator
eg Include > Page > Regex > /(mypageone|mypagetwo)\.html

If you need help with creating the regex, please post back with examples of both urls that need to be included

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here