Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report for tracking multiple page paths?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom report that will track multiple pages within a page path.  When I set up 1 filter it the report seems to pick up on what I am looking for.  Once I add a second filter it does not work and shows no information.  Is there a way that I am able to combine multiple page paths in a report?  Below is the image of how I have been trying to set up the report. GAreportfilters.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luke G
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

As you can see there is an "and" operator between filters. That mean they all have to be met.
If you want to include multiple paths you can use "or" operator within one path like this:

Include Page     path level 2     Regex     /(startups|ecommerce)/

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Luke instead of using the filters try adding the Page Paths Levels as additional dimensions so the Dimension Drilldowns would be Page-->Page path level 2-->Page path level 3--> Page path level 4

Not sure if it will give you what you want but from the first page you can then click on a page and see the second level path then click on it to see the third level paths and so on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is a good work around if there isn't a way to get the report I am looking for!  Let me see if i can describe it better.  

I have 50+ pages that I need to track for weekly reporting.  These 50+ pages all live in 6 "page path 2" parts of our website. So example would be:

www.website.com/topic1/

www.website.com/topic2/ 

Do you know how I would be able to group the 6 different topics and everything under their path page 2 into one report? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You may want to do some research on Content Grouping within GA and see if that might work for you. You can have 5 content groups in the free version not sure how many pages you can have per group but their are several options. I have not set up any so my knowledge is limited.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Brian! I will look into Content Grouping and hopefully that will help me.  I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luke G
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

As you can see there is an "and" operator between filters. That mean they all have to be met.
If you want to include multiple paths you can use "or" operator within one path like this:

Include Page     path level 2     Regex     /(startups|ecommerce)/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This worked perfectly! Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a diagram of some kind?