Analytics
5.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report for Webmaster Data CTR, Average Position, Impressions, Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I could not create a custom report in google analytics to display the data that comes from google webmaster console.

I have access to default reports as listed in google analytics, however in custom reports I cannot select the metrics "CTR, average position, impressions" etc.

I would like to combine this data with custom dimensions we have created (page types).

Is there a way to create these reports?

Thank you in advance,

Andrej

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google Search Console has a separate API, and the data is not available in GA custom reports. You can try using Data Studio to report from both sources.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike, thanks for your suggestion. I have tried this, however google data studio does not allow for tables or graphs to combine data from 2 different data sources: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/how-do-you-merge-multiple-Data-Source-s-into-o...

Did you get this to work? If yes, do you maybe have link for instructions? Thanks alot in advance Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry, no - haven't tried it in Data Studio - I had just noticed the announcement about the new data source recently. There are a variety of third party tools you might try, but I don't know how many of them allow you to link data between sources [other than my own, but you'd need to want to work in Excel; Analytics Edge].

Partner Gallery Resource: https://www.google.com/analytics/partners/search/apps

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.