Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report Showing Both Advertising "Ad Content" and Ecommerce "Product"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a custom drill-down report using the Advertising "Ad Content" dimension followed by the Ecommerce "Product" dimension to view what ad content led to what product sales.

However, it only allows me to select one of these dimensions and not both. Whenever I select one or the other dimension, the other disappears.

I must be missing something.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Report Showing Both Advertising "Ad Content" and Ecommerce "Product"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Tom I am unable to duplicate this when I create a custom report in both explorer mode and flat table mode regardless of which dimension I choose first the second is always available to me as a secondary dimension. I am not an ecommerce site so I can not test the validity of the data. If your not able to do that in your deployment I can create the report and send it to you to import into your view if that helps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom B
May 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Tom see if this gets you started you can change the order of the dimensions and the metrics I choose at random.
https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=7vBmZCgBSBSoNuOoeygsYA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian!

Importing your report worked fine. I have no idea why my account won't allow me to do this, but I've been trying for quite some time. Must be some sort of bug I suppose.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

Is there another way to set up reports outside of the GA dashboard?

Your import report worked for the dimensions, but now there are metrics that I have disappeared that I cannot add. Very strange.

Would you mind sending editing that report and adding the following metrics?
Users
Sessions
Unique Purchases
Product Revenue

I'm not sure what else to do.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
When you create a report dealing with ecommerce those metrics are not available at least they were not on my system, as soon as I choose one of those two dimensions those metrics disappeared. I might be able to add the metrics first then add the dimensions and see what happens let me check.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Nope as soon as I add Users or Sessions then I am in the same boat as you one or the other of the dimensions Ad Content or Product disappears that must mean that those two dimensions cannot co-exist with Users or Sessions, so this is one of those reports that is trying to use both session and user dimensions which is not allowed.