Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report Missing "Ad Content" Dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand what's going on here.  When making a custom report I don't get the option for "Ad Content" as a dimension.  **I know it's there because I can use it as a secondary dimension but that's tedious to do over and over again.**

For some reason I have that option in a GA report that's shared with me but I can't do it with my own sites.  It's just not an option when editing my custom reports under dimensions.

Any ideas why this is happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Report Missing "Ad Content" Dimension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
When you create a custom report you need to choose ad content into dimension by choosing type "Flat Table" instead of by default "Explorer".

I think this will help you.

Thanks
Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That doesn't make any difference. I still don't have a choice of ad content. It shouldn't matter any ways.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Darrin I just went in to my accounts and created a custom report Ad Content shows up as a dimension for me. Just to be sure have you tried clicking the check box that says "Display as alphabetical list" I find it easier to find dimesions and metrics when I do that then when they are grouped under their Headings.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah I tried alphabetical. It's just not there. I can't find it by searching or manually looking. It's not an option but it is an option in a shared report I have.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
That is strange it should not matter which type of report you are trying to configure "Explorer, Flat Table or Map Overlay" it should not matter where you enter the custom report creation menu, and I can not think of any settings in Admin that would prevent this (heck I dont even have AdsWords implemented and I can see it). I am at a total loss here, sorry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can't find it either. Have you found a solution yet?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Please follow the steps Analytics>Reporting>Acquisition>Adwords>Campaigns

Click on Customize option then follow the steps as mentioned into screenshot.

ad content.jpg

Thanks

Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply! I have no issue with the ad content there, only when I start a report from scratch in the customization section. Apparently the issue is that I can't use ad content and transaction id as dimensions within the same report. According to the Google Developer documentation I should be able to do that. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Vivek. That shows Ad Content when I do that but it's still frustrating that I'm going to have to create all new custom reports if that's the only way to get it to work. I don't understand why it's not showing up as an option in my current custom reports I have already created.