Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Report - Google Site Newfeed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,  I'm new to using Google Analytics.  We have google analytics setup to track visitors activity on our staff website.  Our staff website is built using Google Sites.  We have a newfeed widget that pulls post from a google blogger site.  We have it setup this way to allow staff to update the news feed on the Staff website simply by emailed the secret blogger email address.

I'm now tasked with determining the number of times someone click on one of the "read more" links that redirects visitors to the blogger site.  I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks for any help, tips, tricks, or feedback.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Report - Google Site Newfeed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If you are using the standard RSS widget for Google sites - you are out of luck. It creates an iframe - and Google Analytics cannot observe clicks inside iframes on another domain.

Re: Custom Report - Google Site Newfeed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Phillip. we are using one of the RSS feed tools that put the truncated post into an iFrame.

the good news is that the blogger site contains statistics on which posts were read or opened. the blogger site also allows us to specify a Google Analytics tracking ID. I've added the blogspot site as an additional property and threw the GA tracking ID into the blogspot settings.

we should be able to more or less determine how many people read (or at least click on and open) the various blog posts now.

Jonathan Yoesting
IT Operations | Metro YMCAs

Sent from my iPhone

For the fifth straight year, we are proud to be rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator.
THE Y - A cause that's important to me: My Y depends on the generosity of our members and community to help individuals of all ages, income and backgrounds to be more confident, connected, healthy and secure. When you give to my Y, your gift will have a meaningful, enduring impact right in our community. To make a gift, please contact me or give a donation online. Together, we can build a stronger community.

GIVE TODAY: Please enter Jonathan Yoesting as the “Story Teller's name” when you give online.
The Y. So Much More™