Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Repor, Users & Age, % of Total of Users says 100.00% but segments don't add up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a simple custom report with Age and Users.

The user column says "% of Total of Users: 100%", But when you add up the segments they don't add up to the total of users for the date range.

Is this a bug or am I missing what the report it's trying to tell me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Repor, Users & Age, % of Total of Users says 100.00% but segments don't add up

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey David,

You do not get ALL users with the demo reports. Some users have opted out or Google does not know enough to reveal the data.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en#where

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Custom Repor, Users & Age, % of Total of Users says 100.00% but segments don't add up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

Thanks for the response, and I agree with you, the part I'm trying to figure out is why it says "% of Total of Users: 100%." Shouldn't it be under a hundred if GA is excluding Users?

Thank you,
Dave
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David A
July 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi David,

I see. Yes the scorecard will have the total user count (100%) but the rows will not show a breakdown for which the age is unkown (not set). I think they might call this a "feature" and not a bug.

The data in the rows should give you the percentage of users of which the age is known and not the percentage of all users that it shows in the scorecard.

It is a little misleading. Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for confirming it wasn't a bug.
Best,
Dave