Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Dimension only appearing in active day report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several custom dimensions being passed to my GA account. I have noticed recently. one product based Custom Dimension called Workflow will only appear in my custom reports if I select the current day. If I go back one day back in my query date range the data disappears. In the past this has not been an issue, i could go back several months.

Other hit based custom dimensions are fine and appear in my reports in previous months. There has been no code changes that I am aware of for this dimension which has been in place for a year.

Can anyone explain the report snapshots below. Custom metric     workflow

17/2 = 75 records

16/2 &17/2=278 records

16/2=0 records ???????????? How can this be?

screen1.gif

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are having the same issue. Our Custom Metric data, which is passing a product based dimension (COGS) is only available for the current day. This error occurs when accessing via the Google Analytics interface as well as when attempting to pull the custom metric data via the Google Analytics API. 

We also noticed that this error seems to be recent, as last week this was not the case. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John D
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Matt for the confirmation, I suspected something might be up with analytics but didn't have the confidence to declare it. Its definitely a weird one. Spent a few hours looking into this, thought I was going insane.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as an update if any other poor people experience something like this. After several weeks the issue appears to have corrected itself, I can now go back to any old or current date and see the records I'm expecting.

lets just call this one Analytics being temperamental.