Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Content Grouping Report does not work as expected?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I recently created custom reports for my Content Groupings. So what i have done is created custom reports with the metrics, dimensions and filters suggested at this blog post under the 'custom reports & dashboards with content groupings'.

Now when i look at the report it shows all of the different content groups within my grouping, but they cannot be clicked like they can in the behavior> site content> landing pages (switch to content grouping).

So i cannot click on each content group to see the pages that are within these groups. I have added 'page title' as a secondary dimension drilldown under the content group, and that still did not work.

Does anyone know a solution to this? My aim is to be able to click the content groups to get the data at a page level from a custom report.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Content Grouping Report does not work as expected?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Normally, you should able to click on your content-grouping item in your landing-pages report and see the containing pages in the next level. Or, you may insert 'page' as second dimension in the landing-pages report.

Christoph

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Christoph,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am actually referring to a custom report that i have created as opposed to the landing page reports in Google Analytics. What i have done is create a custom report that mirrors the landing page report, but has different metrics. I have set up the custom report in the following way:

Metric Groups:
Sessions
% New Sessions
Pageviews
Unique Pageviews
Bounce Rate
Goal Completions
Goal Conversion Rate

Dimension Drilldowns:
'Content Group'
Page Title

Filters:
Medium> Organic

I added the 'Page Title' as a secondary dimension in the hopes that it would allow the content groups to be clicked to show the pages within each content group and the accompanying metrics. However, this did not work. Do you know of a way to do this?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I'm wondering - I've recreated your custom report as given above and I'm finding no problems with clicking on the content-group item provided I defined 'Page Title' or 'Page' as second level in the dimension drilldown.

Alternatively, you can always insert 'Page Title' or 'Page' as secondary dimension in your given report to see which pages are actually contained in your groups.

Doesn't it work like that with your reports?

Christoph