Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Channel Grouping Gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a Custom Channel Grouping months and months ago.  For the custom grouping I added two new groups in addition to the existing System Defined (Direct, Organic, etc). 

These were working fine until 2/22/16.  On 2/22 I no longer saw one of the groupings.  All of the other groupings were still showing, including one of the user defined groupings.  I have a Segment that using the exact same criteria as the Custom Grouping that went missing.  The Segment showed data.  No matter what the date range the one custom grouping did not display. 

As of yesterday 3/7/17, the custom grouping is now showing up but only in an emailed report.  I still cannot see the missing custom grouping in Google Analytics. 

I'd like to know why this custom grouping disappeared and why it would now show up in an emailed report but not in Google Analytics?

Custom Channel Grouping Gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar issue.  I have been using a custom channel grouping for a monthly report for almost a year.  Now I'm doing the February report and none of the custom channels show any data (although they show up if I search for them manually).  The custom channels also show up in my Google Data Studio dashboard using the same GA property. I suspect it is an issue with GA because I haven't made any changes for months.