Analytics
3.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Campaigns - reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created a campaign URL using the Campaign URL Builder (here: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/).

I want to track the visits to my link so I've created a custom report. I've filtered with utm_source, utm_campaign and utm_medium to match what I put in my custom URL. 

Problem is that I'm not sure if this is correct or not. I've tried opening the link but the number of page views is still 0.

I have access to view the statistics of the domain I have used in the URL.

Thank you.

Re: Custom Campaigns - reporting

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tadeh,

There's a data processing delay in Google Analytics that can cause data to show up hours/days later in your regular reports. The processing latency in Google Analytics is 24-48 hours.

You should take a look at the Real-Time report in Google Analytics to make sure your UTM parameters are working properly:

source.png

You'll see those results in your custom report as well after 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Taavi

Custom Campaigns - reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

Thank you.

I have looked at Real Time > Content and searched for "email" but I can't see any active users whilst I'm on the page. The word "email" is what I used for the Campaign Mediumin the URL builder. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, am I right in saying that I don't have to link my custom URL in any way to my Google Analytics account? If I have access to view statistics from the domain then I should be able to monitor the activity from the custom URL. Is that right? I'm just not sure how my custom URL is recognised and tracked in Google Analytics. 

Best,

Tadeh