Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Creating dashboards with funnels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the processes of helping a few people create dashboards for their most actionable metrics. One thing in common with these is the value of seeing where visitors fall off in certain funnels.

However, I can't seem to find a way to represent these in a dashboard in GA. The most ideal method I can see is to be able to embed custom dimensions in a dashboard--or even in Data Studio--but those aren't shareable beyond just a snapshot.

Any ideas for accomplishing what I want? Or somehow working around the limitations?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I dunno if this is a spot on:

If you set up a widget per funnel and filter just the pages that belong to the funnel and add unique pageviews and exit% or exits as metrics.

Not very visual but you should be able to spot high exit rates

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

I had that thought as well, but I couldn't figure out how to get values for the middle steps in a funnel, especially when there might be other pageviews in between steps.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you create your filter like

include matching regexp step1|step2|step3

you should be able to get only the funnel pages

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.