Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Creating a report for MULTIPLE page performance (More than 20)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!  This will be my first post here, and hopefully I am able to learn something new from this Smiley Happy  

I've been trying to figure out a way to group together a handful of pages that I want to focus on to be able to trend the performance over time.  Depending on the client, sometimes I might only have 10 pages to focus on, and sometimes I might have over 50 pages to focus on.  I've tried creating a segments, filters, custom reports, dashboards, and even content groupings but usually I max out the allowed filters/rules for which pages im focusing in on.

I would like to be able to view a full report at once with all pages in mind so that I don't need to compare multiple smaller reports and risk confusing the data during analysis.  

Any insight that anyone might have on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating a report for MULTIPLE page performance (More than 20)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Kyle,

There are a few ways to do this. The most straightforward might be a widget on a dashboard (but you have row and metric limitations that probably wont work for you) but typically it's based on a custom report and adding filters. You can't just segment (although depending on what you need you may need to) because the pages reports will reflect all pages in session.

That said, it sounds like you've attempted filters and they are not working due to character limitations. In this case you need some other way to uniquely identify the pages. If you can't do enough with rules based content grouping you can always deploy your content grouping via the GATC instead of defining in the interface. This is not much fun for the webmaster/dev team. Smiley Happy If using GTM, it's much easier but still requires multiple tags. Another way besides content grouping would be to use GTM to push a custom dimension and use that as your key.

Lastly it could be done in custom logic via multiple calls to the API.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn