Analytics
4.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Creating a Week by Week Report of Web Page Sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I'm creating an Excel file over my University's web page sessions over a week by week basis from the last couple years.  Is there a way I can make a report through Analytics that gathers all these numbers for me and puts them in one place, or do I have to make a single week's report and record each one separately? Doing this 104 times seems rather repetitive.

Thanks,

Gavin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating a Week by Week Report of Web Page Sessions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
There is a 'week index' dimension you can use. The index is always '0000' for the first week in your date range, so you'll have to label the ranges yourself, but at least you can get them at once
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gavin M
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
There is also a Week of Year dimension that could be used in a custom report. It gives you a year-week combination number that might provide more context (e.g. 201601, 201602, ...)
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Even better...what Mike said.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but is there a way to make the Y-axis something like, "6/27 - 7/1" and "7/4 - 7/8"?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Not as a straight-forward custom report -- it would require some post-report processing.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.