Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Create session with dimensions and filters for a specific page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there a way to see the ages of people, the sources from which they came for a specific page on my site? For instance, I would like to know the number of 18-24 year olds who came from facebook to a page called /apply. Is there a way to do this? I have demographics turned on. I can do the segment for the main page, but can't figure out how to drill down to an inside page.

Thanks,

Stephanie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create session with dimensions and filters for a specific page

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Stephanie,

I am going to move this post to the proper board in the Analytics section of the Community, where you will be able to get a quicker answer!

Cassie

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

In the age report, you can add an advanced segment with the required conditions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's great news. Can you help me find the required conditions? In the age report, I see where I can search for a page, so I typed /tour, but the lines flat lines adn the ages disappear ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephanie,

As far as the required conditions, in the advanced segment you'll have to add a filter containing facebook as source/medium, another filter containing the page.

If you go through this blog post explaining about segementation, it will be clear as to what you are supposed to do.

http://analytics.blogspot.ie/2013/07/re-imagining-segmentation-in-analytics.html