Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Create custom report from built-in report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to create a custom report by using an existing built-in report as a starting point? Say I would like to create a custom report that is similar to the Sales Transaction under Conversions / Ecommerce, I would like to copy that report definition to create a custom report out of it.

Thanks,

Pascal

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create custom report from built-in report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pascal,

sure - just use the 'Customize' link in the upper left of each report in Analytics.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Christoph,
Do you know a reason why the "Customize" does not appear for the Sales Performance report but it does, let's say, for Product Performance report? Many reports have that Customize link but some of them don't

Pascal

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pascal,

I actually see Customize in sales-performance report as well ... can you post a screenshot?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

See below screenshots. Thanks!

Sales Performance report missing Customize linkSales Performance report missing Customize link

Sales Performance Menu Item.PNG

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pascal,

An Enhanced Ecommerce enabled view does not have the Customize button available for the Sales Performance report, while the Standard Ecom view will have the option available for you if you want to use that report as the starting point.

-Grant