Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Count of Sessions = 1?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ola
I want to know, within a given time frame, the number of users who visited my site only once

Problem

If I create a segment/custom report by using "Count of Sessions", where count = 1 the number is wrong

Count = 1 will give me both users who have visited only once and users who visited at least once (since session 1 is counted for both)

How can i found out how many users visited only once and never came back to the site?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Count of Sessions = 1?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Have you looked at the data the Frequency and Recencency report gives you. The report can be found at Audience-->Behavior-->Frequency & Recency

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Or B
November 2016

Re: Count of Sessions = 1?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The frequency & recency report will also include users that had their first visit and returned.

The following segment worked for me to isolate users that only visited once. Make sure you click Add Filter button instead of the AND within the first filter. Notice the second filter is set to exclude and Users. Excluding sessions would still return those returning visitors' first session.  

Best,

Mike

Count of Sessions.pngSegment

Count of Sessions = 1?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Brian B - Yes i have, i know this report but this is not what i'm asking. @Mike x

answer is in the write direction. Mike - this changes my sample group from ~78% to about 50% of users.

Count of Sessions = 1?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Is that what you would have expected? You can test the segment using the Frequency & Recency report. When I look at that report with the segment on, I only get sessions/pageviews with Count of Sessions = 1 and 0 sessions/pageviews for all the other rows. This, to me, shows that the segment is working as intended. 

Best,

Mike