Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Costs Segmented At Country Level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to replicate the user location report from AdWords within Analytics.

This for an ecommerce client, and ulitmately I want to calculate ROAS at country level.

The issue is that I can't add Cost as a metric when I analyse the campaign by geography.

Any thoughts on why I would get other top level ecommerce - including revenue - data, but not cost?

The reason for replicating an AdWords report in Analytics is so that the data can be in-line with the rest of the client's reporting.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew S
October 2016

Re: Costs Segmented At Country Level

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew,

At this moment there is no way you can get country wise segregation for cost data in Google Analytics. You can use Google AdWords reporting or some other tools in order to get this data.

Here you can find a very good resource on analytics dimensions and metrics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

With this tool, you can simply check which metrics / dimensions work in combination with others.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

Re: Costs Segmented At Country Level

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

Taavi is right – you don't have cost data in AdWords reports in Google Analytics combined with country information. However, you could

* Rearrange your AdWords campaigns by country in AdWords or
* Use general Acquisition > Campaigns > all campaigns report with country as secondary dimension in Google Analytics. Or use country report with campaign as secondary dimension. Here you would get conversion data of your AdWords campaigns on country level, but without cost and ROAS data.

I agree that this kind of reporting generally should be better done in AdWords (with Analytics goal/ecommerce completions being imported as AdWords conversions).

Christoph