Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Copy report an make changes without touching original report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
if I create a custom report with a specific country as segment, copie that report and change inside copied report country to another one, the original report is also getting changed to the new country. So copy seams to be an alias but not a copy.
I do not understand why? So for what should a copy of a custom report good for, if I can't make any changes there without touching the original report.
Thanks and regards
Roland

Re: Copy report an make changes without touching original report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems to me that you're actually changing the segment rather than the custom report itself. You should be able to customize the copy without affecting the original as long as you're not changing information in the segment the report uses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, yes thats what I did.
Problem is I want to create a separated Keyword Report for two countries and for that I need to change the contry inside the segment. Or is there another way to do that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Roland,

Your other option in this case would be to set each country in the filters section of each report and not rely on the segment to do this for you.