Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Content Grouping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This forum just really helped me with using regex to compare a list of distinct urls.  The urls I compared were the landing page urls for each language of my website.  Now I want to do the same thing but look at all traffic from each language.  In order to do this I went to the Content Groupings section and using the rules based option I went with Page - contains /en/ (for the English language) OR page contains /fr/ I saved it and went to the reports and then selected the content group.  All I got back was a single (not set) line.  Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.  Gavin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Grouping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gavin,

Remember that content grouping is not retroactive, it works only forward from the creation date.

I'd suggest using advanced segments for segmenting your historical data and include only users/sessions based on your rules. Let me know if you have any questions,

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Content Grouping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold. OK, so I go into advanced conditions and select Page - Contains - /en/ and then OR Page - Contains - /fr/. What I get back are hundreds of urls. All I want to know is how many sessions were from all urls starting with /en/ (i.e. all English language traffic) and all urls starting with /fr/ (i.e. all French traffic). I just want to see two lines with all that data aggregated. Thanks for any more help.