Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Content Filtering

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am aware that this is a going to be a really basic question, so I apologise now, but I'm sure someone can give me the pointers for this much quicker than I am finding searching and trying out. 

I manage a website with numerous pages and would like to pull off the statistics for just one set of pages.  I need to report to my fundraising team what the engagement is on their pages, and their pages only.  I need to show them the visits to all their pages only, in order of popularity.  To show sources, for their pages only. To show the page that led in and the page they moved onto, for their pages only. You get the idea.

I can't for the life of me work out how to do this, but I'm sure it's straight forward.  I have tried Content Grouping. However my Page Visits widget on my dashboard was drawing from all the pages on the website still.  ie my homepage was listed as the most popular page for visits, but that page was not included in my content group.

Hope someone can help translate the ways of GA to a newbie!

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Filtering

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

What might help is using the "Advanced Filter" for the report you are interested in, which looks like this:

Screenshot - 4_6_2016 , 5_14_25 PM.png

To search for metrics for a specific set of pages, you would click into the Advanced link and then choose a filter type (like "Contains") that will help filter your pages. If the pages you are looking to view have a common pathing (ie. /some/common/path2.html, /some/common/path1.html, /some/common/path3.html), then you can set your filter to "Contains /some/common/". This will show you only those pages that contain /some/common/.

From there you can determine most popular, least popular, etc.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn