Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Content Drilldown: confusion over Directory vs Page analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been tasked with gathering information about the most popular higher-level sections of our company's self-help/training site. The idea is to show what customers seem to be interested in.

I'm having trouble interpreting what I'm seeing in the Content Drilldown. So, the basic structure of our site is this:

• Home
    • Guide 1
      • Sub-section
      • Sub-section
      • Sub-section
        • Content
          • Content
        • Content
    • Guide 2
    • Guide 3

The bolded sub-sections are what I'm trying to gather metrics on, to indicate customer interest (whether for negative or positive reasons, it doesn't matter). However, when in the Content Drilldown, it treats each of these sub-sections as both a page and a directory: http://i.imgur.com/HJCc7zB.png (sorry, I tried embedding but GA forums seem to hate its own embed methods...) 

Note how many of them are repeated, with the only difference being whether they're counted as a Page or a Directory.

Is there a way to easily combine these results within Google Analytics? I'm not sure what the criteria is for Google to count a section as a page vs a directory, but it's kinda messing up my results. I can manually manipulate the data in Excel but am hoping for a way to handle this in GA.