Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Content Drilldown Report: Need Help on Meaning of a Few Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a newbie to Google Analytics so hoping this is an easy answer for someone.

I ran a Content Drilldown report for my company's website, trying to find analytics on the Top 50 pages of our site. Most of it is simple to understand which page the report refers to, but some have me pretty confused.

Can anyone give a basic breakdown of what page on the site a few of these are referring to?

/site/

/tag/

/category/

/registrant/

/author/

Hope those are general enough that a general answer can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Drilldown Report: Need Help on Meaning of a Few Listings

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mick,

Content drilldown is a report that is designed to give you insights into your sub-directory or folder structure of your site. So in your example above, /category/ would be a sub-directory and if you select it, you will then either see all the pages contained therein or you could see more folders. The report allows you to drill down through 3 levels to a final path.

If you're only trying to see the top 50 pages, just use the all content report, scroll down to the bottom and change your "show rows" count to 50.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is the drill down report

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Gary,

Content Drilldown report... just go to the top of the left hand where it reads "search reports and help" in GA and start typing "drill".  Select the content drilldown report.  It's your sub directories (folders) with a rollup of stats.  

-Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn