Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

ContantContact ESP doesn't show up as source/referral

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Let me start of by saying, i know now that constantcontact will allow me to track specific campaigns through manual implementation, which i plan on doing in the future. 

What i'm trying to find out is why constantconact doesn't show up in my source/referral list on days that i do send email campaigns. The reporting on contactcontacts side reports clicks on individual links, so i know im getting traffic from the email campaign but it doesn't seem like its being track at all in google analytics.

Has anyone had any similar experience or know what the issue could possibly be?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt D
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Matt,

If you don't have the GA tracking enabled (which I believe is a tick mark in Constant Contact), then you will see your traffic under direct and as referrals from sites like mail2.yahoo.com.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, that would make sense. I was thinking i would see something like 'campaign.r20.constantcontact' or something along those lines. Thanks for the help, i didnt even think of that.

Is it possible to, besides the behavior flow, backtrack from say /blog/ to its email referrers? I've been having trouble finding the correct method.

Matt

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Matt,

You could create a cohort using a custom segment that included users from direct or referrals that include mail that landed on the landing page in question within a few days of when the campaign was launched.

Something like this one that I whipped up for you (you'll have to change the dates and use the appropriate landing page URI):

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=OLI7EHJqQxecEslNuU-EQg

More on custom segments here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn