Analytics
3.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Constant Contact emails not getting tracked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently switched over to Constant Contact and GA is now not accurately tracking email traffic and sales. I'm generating the tracking links in the Google URL builder exactly as I always have and inserting them into the emails, but GA now does not track all of the email traffic from the Constant Contact emails. We are not talking about being just a few sessions off from the clicks shown in Constant Contact, but hundreds. Additionally. it is attributing email traffic and sales to the wrong emails, ones that were sent before we started with Constant Contact. I know this because the traffic/sales are sometimes associated with a landing page that is only accessed through a specific email, but attributed to a different email. Some email-generated sales are also being attributed to Direct traffic. Once again, I know they are from an email because of the landing page. The tracking links are all correct with the "email" designated as the source. Constant Contact phone support was of no help. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Thanks for your help.