Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Consolidate URLs with parameters into the main URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have this problem:

- I have a custom report that filters out a list of URLs (theoretically 41 in total e.g. /ambiente/2016/05/repower-una-nuova-energia-che-rispetta-l-ambiente-00903499.html), but I noticed that GA shows me also the same 41 URLs with parameters (e.g. /ambiente/2016/05/repower-una-nuova-energia-che-rispetta-l-ambiente-00903499.html?tid=6f28766b74617571786970)

- Instead of the expected 41 results the total now is more than 5k

Question:

Is there a way to consolidate the URLs with parameters into the main one for the report I'm doing?

Thanks!

Re: Consolidate URLs with parameters into the main URL

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Admin b,

You can try using a RegEx filter to eliminate all the url's with extra parameters. eg. (\/ambiente\/2016\/05\/repower-una-nuova-energia-che-rispetta-l-ambiente-00903499.html.*)
The .* includes anything that follows that URL so all parameters will be included in your filter.

Hopefully this helps,
Omar

Re: Consolidate URLs with parameters into the main URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't want to eliminate the URL's with parameters (they represent 30% of the traffic), simply want to consolidate them into the main one.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!