Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Conflicting Data Limits based on User Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at YTD data comparing Organic and Paid Search segments. I noticed when I looked in my master analytics account, I got a message, "One of your segments contains user data. Your date range is automatically limited to 93 days from your start date". 

But, when I looked at the same account from a different login (a login that was granted access from my master account), I was able to see all of the YTD data without any filtering. 

This is the exact same account, profile and view. The same filters and segments are being used. So, I can't understand why one login would have unobstructed data and another would be restricted.

Any idea why?

owner

user

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AMSI M
June 2016

Re: Conflicting Data Limits based on User Accounts

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi AMSI,

Segments are based on the log-in (unless they have been shared with other collaborators are are system segments) and are personal assets. These look like they may have been system segments but perhaps one was changed. Check to see if one log-in has the segments as segmenting "Users" and one as "sessions". You'll need to look at sessions and not users to view a date range this large.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AMSI M
June 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi AMSI,

Segments are based on the log-in (unless they have been shared with other collaborators are are system segments) and are personal assets. These look like they may have been system segments but perhaps one was changed. Check to see if one log-in has the segments as segmenting "Users" and one as "sessions". You'll need to look at sessions and not users to view a date range this large.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theo, it was a user defined segment, as opposed to a native system segment.