Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Confirming double count issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there!

I have an issue with with the total pageviews on the www.wikitude.com website. Since around 3 weeks ago the pageviews increased to almost double and the bounce rate decreased extremely. No changes were made to the website during that specific period.  I have been trying most of the online suggestions: I didn't find any relevant page with code that is implemented twice, no filters that should influence this, no events that trigger without interaction... 

I'm still considering these 3 possible reasons:

- The pages have the Remarketing Tag- Is it possible that this triggers douplication in counting?

- I installed GA Debug and I maybe one of these 2 error might indicate the reason:  "Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined" and "Ignoring create request for duplicate tracking name."

- Can it be some cookie issue, and if yes how do I find out if that's the issue?

I could really use any suggestion from you! I'm lost at tis point.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Confirming double count issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You are sending two pageviews from each page. Please check if you have multiple analytics plugins active, or maybe you have the tracking code inserted into the header template of your Wordpress theme and you also have an active analytics plugin. You can see that GA debug reports two pageviews being sent. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital