Analytics
3.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Comma and dot decimal separators are displayed simultaneously in event Avg.Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to everyone,

I use event values method for tracking of an application loading times. Time values are an integers (at least I belive so). When I explore this event in report table  Behaviour->-Events, I see Event Value as an integer number (with only comma as decimal separator), the Total Events number as also an integer, but Avg.Value is displayed  with comma and dot separators simultaniously. For example,  Total Events=149; Event Value=345,189; Avg.Value=2,316.70.

Is this a mistake? Why it happens? Could this occur due to not integer event values?

Thanks for all suggestions!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Comma and dot decimal separators are displayed simultaneously in event Avg.Value

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It sounds like the value you associated with your events has an errorant value set, check your event values and ensure they are set correctly.

Re: Comma and dot decimal separators are displayed simultaneously in event Avg.Value

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I will definitely check the value format, but how it is possible that Event Value and Total Events are displayed correctly, but  Avg.Value that is simply Event Value / Total Events is not? This issure does not depand on date range chosen.

By the way, in case of not-valued events, Analytics sets Event Value=0, but Avg.Value=0.00. It turns out, that my issure is related to wrong rounding procedure? If only  integers can be set as event values, why two decimal not significant digits are left? 

Could somebody help with such misunderstanding?