Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Coming first in Google Search but Drop in organic Search

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Greetings,

My website Blog Pages are coming on first page of Goolge Search(cross checked every page its on first page) but since from last 2  weeks my organic traffic have been dropped , significant traffic drop daily, compared to a week it was dropped  from 7k to 3k from overall traffic(only from organic)  Daily decrease in traffic. Unable to figure out the problem because i am seeing drop in all pages of my webpage. No spam Nothing.  

I checked everything in Google Analytics, Drop in everywhere each and every page, every country but we are coming on first page in Google Search but Drop in organic Search only.

Can any one Suggest me where did i going wrong?? Why is this happening?

Regards

|- Raman -|

Re: Coming first in Google Search but Drop in organic Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I will suggest you to check webmaster tools stats, and messages. (Hopfully you will not have panalty there )

If the drop is in only GA, this mean , that something happen with GA code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Armen,

Checked with webmasters Stats also there is no Manual Action and there is no Messages from Google. I am very friendly to Google.

The Drop is in Search Console (Webmaster Tools) and Google Analytics, Not touched the code. Checked with Google Analytics Debugger and Manually. Code is perfect, No change in code.

I am Unable to figure out whats going on, Where did i go wrong?

Is this a sign of penalty?? Gradually decreasing a traffic from a website ?? why and when did this happens Normally?

|- Raman -|

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Check which keywords got most impressions drop. Try to analyse that pages.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Amen,

checked with keyword stuff and all keywords are from not set and not provided, and its like the same kind of drop in not provided.
Now the whole website drop was about significant drop daily 2% of drop and now it reached to 40% of whole traffic compared from last month.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
(not set) can be traffic from adwords, where you are using redirected URL, or not passing GCLID.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717?hl=en

Check also impression report from webmaster tools.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Impressions and clicks are increased and the avg position is same in webmaster tools.

Impressions Increases and decrease compared to week days but not reaching the highest day impressions,

with the decrease of impressions and clicks we used to get increase in total traffic compared from previous range dates.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
This mean that something was or is wrong with your analytics setup
I will suggest to use Tag assistant to check this

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Armen S,

As suggested checked with Tag Assistant no errors in there. We are ok there and we haven't touched any code of Analytics since long back;

we are having now compared to last week we have a drop of 20% - compared to last week not with the highest date range. Decrease of daily traffic of 10-20%

we are good at all ends don;t know where are we going wrong.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Armen

I've noticed a drop too. The only thing I can put it down to is all the other clutter on the page is reducing your Organic Traffic. Would somebody be targeting your Keywords with PPC???