Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Cohort analysis for a custom date range?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to see cohort analysis for a custom date or for a back dated range? If not then its there any workaround for this?

Thanks!

Haris

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Haris,

There doesn't appear to be a way to change the date range. My way of getting around this was to set up weekly scheduled reports so I can aggregate/look back at data after the 3 month cutoff. Of course, this will only help moving forward.

Best,

Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Mike x

Can you please also explain how you have setup weekly scheduled reports?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haris P
January

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Haris,

Configure the report to date range/metrics/cohort size you desire, then click "email" button right below the page title. Button should be right between "Cohort Analysis" title and segments. 

You can also send multiple reports in the same email. Just click bottom right "add to existing email" text link after you click "email" for subsequent reports. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mike 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just discovered that you can also change something in the URL to look back further than 3 months. Look for: cohortTab-cohortOption.dateRange%3D3

When you change the latter '3' you can change the amount of months the analysis looks back. 

For example: cohortTab-cohortOption.dateRange%3D6 gives a 6 months cohorts analysis.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brilliant!  Thanks for the help