Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Client Cannot View Custom Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created custom reports and my client cannot view them when he clicks on the customization tab. What can I do so that he can view them?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client Cannot View Custom Reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nathan :-)

You need to Share the Custom Report with him.

Access, manage, and share Custom Reports
To access your Custom Reports, select the Customization tab at the top of any page in Analytics

In the left navigation, select Overview to see a table listing of all of your Custom Reports. You can create Categories to organize reports into different groups.

Use the Actions dropdown menu to Edit, Copy, Delete, and Share individual reports.
When you share a Custom Report, only the configuration information is shared.
Your data remains private.

Click a report name inside the table to see that specific report. You can also select reports from the left navigation. When using a report, you can click Edit (top left, below the report title) to make changes to the report.

Help Doc Ref: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1151300?hl=en#AccessManageShare

If you would like to share more than one Custom Report:

To share multiple assets at the same time:

1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
  2. Select the Admin tab and navigate to the view from which you wish to share assets.
  3. In the VIEW column, click Share Assets.
  4. Select the assets you wish to share. You can share all assets by clicking the checkbox in the top of the table.
  5. Click Share.
  6. Select the sharing type, either Share template link or Share in Solutions Gallery.
  7. Click Share

Help Doc Ref: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1326774

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here