AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Clicks in Google Analytics using Segment Filter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding what happens to the "Clicks" metric under the report Acquisition/Adwords/Campaigns report. So if I go to this report with the "All Sessions" filter, the clicks will show 214 Clicks for example. However if I apply any segment filter, such as "non-converting" or "desktop visitors" the report will zero out the Clicks, as well as the Cost & CPC metric. It will only show this metric ONLY if 'All Sessions" is applied and NO other segment filter is applied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Clicks in Google Analytics using Segment Filter

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Makes sense, so your clicks all come from mobile users who do not convert (i.e. trigger a goal on your website).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
no i urge you to try it your self with ANY segment. the Clicks to both All Sessions & [any segment]and the will disappear as well and show zero. I can create a segment for all of north america, and it will zero it out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you looked into this direction: AdWords PPC data not showing in GA?