Checkout Behaviour/ 60% drop off on the last step?
I need to know why there is big abandonment rate on the last stage: not finalizing transactions: is the payment option provided or usability (UX) of transactional platform/gateway?
What's the best way to find out?
Take a look at this Report . My client uses Prestashop standard 5 step check out? Is it safe to assume one page checkout would be better or consider different payment solution provider?
Re: Checkout Behaviour/ 60% drop off on the last step?
This looks to me like a legitimate "show me the money" drop. Some indications that influence this drop may include:
* A payment system that does not look safe/secure
* A redirect that may frighten someone away because they feel like they have lost control
* They don't have enough money to commit to the transaction
* The transaction is a "big choice"/game changer" and they need to go consult a family member before proceeding - you can fix this one with a save option in your steps.
* There was a pop up between step 3 & 4
* The transition between step 3 & 4 is not mobile friendly
* The transition between step 3 & 4 does not work on all browsers (EG IE 8 hates redirects)
* They need to change device to finish the transaction