Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Change time that custom alerts are sent

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm in the UK. Currently, I receive my custom alerts between 8pm and 11pm. This means that when I come into the office I see these alerts talking about traffic from two days previous. Not exactly ideal if we need to take immediate action.

Is there a way we can adjust the time that the alerts are sent, ideally we would want them sent in the morning, UK time, so we get the most recent data.

Unfortunately, we do have a LOT of views, and also have a bit of a mix of time zones applied to these accounts, so I thought maybe that was how it was controlled. However, most of these accounts will be on UK time.

Thanks for your help!

Benji

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change time that custom alerts are sent

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Benji,

Unfortunately not. Alerts are great for pointing you in the right direction but it happens when it happens. You could change your view settings but I would not recommend it. It's better to use the API for any critical checks that you need. That said, data freshness is not guaranteed unless you are on 360.

Here is an example from around the corner from you:

https://gdsdata.blog.gov.uk/2014/02/12/automating-email-alerts-for-trending-content/

Cheers,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn