Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Change of URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I changed a tumblr blog to a .com address.

Previously I had both a website & blog set up separately to observe traffic.

Now I deleted my .com site, and gave my tumblr site the .com name,

but I still have two sets of analytics info coming in, named a blog feed and a website feed, but they are now the same site. I repasted the tracking info into the tumblr first page. But I am still receiving two lots of different data, when only one site now exists. I'd like to make sure I receive only the single correct data, but I'm anxious to delete one, when they are giving slightly different info, and I'm not sure which is true.

Could  you give any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Change of URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

One of the tracking tags might be set up incorrectly, you can check your setup using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Let me know what you find. If you can share your site URL I'd look into it for you.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Change of URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I'm having problems with Chrome at the moment, but managed to get it to function in safe mode. I decided to Trash those previous analytics, and start a new one. But when I click New Account, it flashes up on the screen and disappears and just says ;javascript in the bottom left hand corner in the window. I've had problems with a Java update a few weeks ago, it keeps running multiple versions of itself until it freezes the computer. Won't let me uninstall it in Control Panel. Maybe this new problem is connected to that.