Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot use event value as dimension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

When you drill down in your events, I remember in an older version of analytics you could click on an event label and see which value was tracked how often.

In the current version you cannot do this anymore (you cannot use event value as dimension) 

For example when I have a house database I want to track when users filter search results and report the "yearOfBuild" as a value to analytics:

ga('send', 'event', 'filter', 'change', 'yearOfBuild', 2013);

In Analytics I want to see for the label 'yearOfBuild' which years where used and how often. 

Is this possible? 

Or should I change my approach to track this kind of data, e.g. putting the actual year as label, not as value?

Kind Regards

Sebastian

Re: Cannot use event value as dimension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It might be possible to do it the way you want, it would just take a little scripting. If you can pass the information from the filter as a variable and call that variable as part of the info sent from the event trigger you should get the right result. I am not 100% sure how you have the event set up.

Try watching this video and see you can emulate his process, I believe how he creates the macro around 8:20 might be the same as what you are trying to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknwOXX7jAs