Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Export PDF Files In Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot export reports from Audience Overview as PDF files in either Chrome or Firefox.

I have cleared my cache and cookies in each, and still have not been successful.

The message reads " An Error Has Occurred. We're Sorry. The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes."

It's been hours since this first started and it has yet to be fixed.

Can someone please advise a fix or a proper course of action?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I just tested on one of my busiest accounts and the report was successfully exported to PDF. I did the Audience Overview with a date range of Sep 16, 2016 - Oct, 16, 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also having the same problem - Audience Overview, export to PDF, same error. Happens on a number of other reports too.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Just out of curiosity have either of you been upgraded to the new UI, I just verified that I am on the old UI.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still on the old UI, and still having similar issues today.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been having the same problem--tried to export a report on Friday, still getting the error today. Running Chrome, have exported in the past, need the report for invoicing so having this broken is kind of a big deal for me. Another thread suggested "try it in another browser, but not Chrome or Firefox"... to which I reply, "(A) I don't have another browser and really don't want to install one just for Analytics, and (B) Chrome is your flippin' browser, Google."

Is there a way to flag this as a major bug so someone on the dev team can get their 'stuff' together?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A. "Another thread suggested "try it in another browser, but not Chrome or Firefox"... to which I reply, "(A) I don't have another browser and really don't want to install one just for Analytics, and (B) Chrome is your flippin' browser, Google.""

LOL yes. I love everything about this.

B. This has been an ongoing issue on my end for about a week now. I find that it has been hit and miss depending upon the browser/user logged in/frequency which you're exporting. It's extremely frustrating and it makes it difficult to get work completed effectively.

C. Definitely need to find away to flag this as a major bug so a dev team member can get ahold of it and fix this issue.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

GA is in the process of rolling out an entirely new UI, I suspect they will see if the issue still exists in the new UI before expending any resources on trying to fix it in an out going version.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying all day today (Oct. 25, 2016) without success.  Same error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been trying this for the past several days, with it only working once. I'm using the newest version of Chrome and have also tried Firefox and Opera. Operating System is Linux Mint. It just keeps returning the same error: "An Error Has Occurred | We're sorry. The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes." 

Has anyone had success resolving this? There needs to be some way to get this information into a PDF.