Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can't show in-page analytics on home page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, First-time posting here! Hope someone can help...

I have implemented GA code to my website and review in-page analytics on GA, all pages data can be shown except Home page.

Message box pop-up when loading Home in-page analytics.

"We've identified problems in your setup. These may cause problems loading In-Page Analytics.

• Your site doesn't load ga.js or analytics.js from Google. If you host the Google tracking code on your own servers, it isn't updated automatically and can miss important changes.
  • We didn't find a tracking snippet on your site. In-Page Analytics cannot load. Please make sure you have tracking installed correctly. If your snippet is included in a separate JavaScript file, you'll have to manually check it is being loaded correctly.
  • You can try the Page Analytics Chrome Extension which has almost identical functionality to the In-Page Analytics report, but can often resolve these issues."

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Winki

Re: Can't show in-page analytics on home page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Winki,
First I suggest you to use tag assistant . It is a Chrome Extension that automatically validates the implementation of Google tracking scripts on any given page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

How to use Tag assistant @ https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947095?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Santosh, I have install and checked before, it just said I didn't put the GA code in <head> tag, do you think it is relevant to the problem? I have technical issue (some programming issue) so I didn't put them in <head>.

Winki

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are supposed to put it before the </head> closing tag Smiley Wink