Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can't select Weighted sort type on Landing Pages report?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm trying to sort my landing pages by bounce rate with the sort type set to weighted. For some reason, Default is the only sort type that is not greyed out.

This is a standard report, no sampling. The view I'm in has some IP filters on it, but that's all.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't select Weighted sort type on Landing Pages report?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Leah,

Try disabling your advanced segments that you're using to filter your data to re-enable weighted sort type.

Let me know if this helps!
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I'm having a similar problem.

I've made sure that the only active segment is "All Users", I've filtered the table by Bounce Rate and yet the only option available from the "Sort Type" drop down is "Default," both "Weighted" and "Absolute Change" remain greyed out. I've filtered all the other columns and found the same results across them all.

Just to clarify - I'm on Behavior / Site Content / All Pages

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Leah / Ben,

You cannot use weighted sort with segments or with filters applied to the report. Try removing the filter and do a hard refresh if necessary (CTRL F5).

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

I was under the impression you had to select a column to filter the results before applying the "Sort Type" value so that it knew which column you wanted to sort, however I've tried this without any filter (and made sure no segments are on) and yet I still can't select Weighted from the dropdown.

Are there other criteria which are required before this option works? Or is there a time-limit on the period in which this feature can be used? I've tried everything from 6 months, to a month, to a week, to a day and I still can't get it to function.

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Ben,

Right you do, but you said "filtered" I guess you meant "sorted". Weighted sort is available on most columns where GA has calculated a percentage e.g. bounce rate.

I don't know of any time limit as I've used it over very long ranges but you may not be able to use it on data before it was announced... 6 or 7 years ago. Smiley Happy

Basically the unwritten rules are that you have to have the GA per-aggregated data in your table so that means no filters, no secondary dimensions and no segments. Then select a % column and change to weighted sort.

Occasionally I've had one of these applied and removed it and then still was not able to add weighted until I did a hard refresh or even closed the browser.

Do you have any of these applied, does that help?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn