Analytics
687 members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can't get a Google Analytics email report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a daily Google Analytics email report for 6 months from November 2015. It expired and I extended them for another 12 months. Now nobody can't get an email report (August 2016). Only the account owner email can receive the email report.

Does anyone know the solution?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't get a Google Analytics email report.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
You might want to try and set it all up again from scratch.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply!

I tried to set up a new one from scratch, but it didn't work.
I also tried to send an email report choosing "Frequency: Once", and it shows "Email successfully sent!", but never get through. Of course, I checked the Junk folder.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
If you have a seperate IT department that runs your mail server ask them to check their log files to see if it ever made it to your email server and if it was discarded without delivery as they may have to add it to a white list.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That sounds a good idea. I will check with a technical team. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am faced with the same issue, I took over the GA management from our web developer and had to setup the reports from scratch. I am able to receive the reports to my gmail account which is also the Admin account for Analytics. As soon as I try and email my business account nothing comes through. I have checked my email gateway and no sign of the email making it. Looking at the historical emails they were coming from "noreply-analytics@google.com" but looking at other threads this just looks like it was previously coming from an account that was not monitored.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
In the past two weeks I have sen more issues with email notifications than just about any other subject, I am assuming that there is a major issue with GA and its email capibilities. I saw one post where they got it working by creating a new GA admin user and moving their accounts over to it and that solved there issue. You may want to give that a try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This morning I managed to receive an email to my Business account. I recreated the email yesterday after sending a one time email through. Initially I did this with just 1 of my reports, I have now expanded this to include the other 8 reports that I wanted to include on the one email. So fingers crossed that this will still work for me tomorrow.