Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can I use Source/Medium (or other session-level dimensions) as secondary dimension in Pages Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to ask 2 things:

1. is it okay to use source/medium as a secondary dimension in the Behavior - Site Content - All Pages report?

If I understand it correctly, Page is a hit-level dimension, whereas Source/medium is session-level metric. According to kaushik.net, you cannot use session-level dimensions with hit-level dimensions and metrics. All metrics in this report are hit-level. Accordingly, it is not possible to use it. Is it right or is there a way around it?

2. Similarly - is it okay to use Location as a secondary dimension for hit-level dimensions and metrics? Similarly, it is supposed to be a hit-level metric.

Thank you in advance for clarification.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I use Source/Medium (or other session-level dimensions) as secondary dimension in Pages Repo

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If you are using the default reports inside of GA and the dimension is available within that report then you can use it. So for report one Behavior-->Site Content-->All Pages the answer is yes. It would seem that for question two the answer would likewise be yes if it is available as an option then you can use it.