Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can I track users (unique visits) in content drill down?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum, and this might be a silly question, but I still haven't been able to figure it out. We have a very popular part of our website called the a-z which I can see have got 46% of our total website traffic. I can of course see the amount of page views, but what my manager would like me to be able to tell is the total number of unique visitors to this section of the website. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I track users (unique visits) in content drill down?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Go to:
Audience > Behavior > New vs Returning

Add advanced segment: Page == a-z

Re: Can I track users (unique visits) in content drill down?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thank you for getting back to me, like I said I am a bit of a newbie at this, so I really appreciate the help! The advanced segment bit I am a bit confused about however. I see no options for page? Plus I am not looking for just the one page but the whole a-z section of the website (it incorporates a few 100 pages). We would like to be able to tell how many unique visitors this section of the website gets per month, rather than just page views?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helena,

I have the exact same question and I'm a newbie as well. I want to know how many unique visitors came to a section of our site (all pages in section) for a month. Assuming New Users is equivalent to Unique Users using the method above I think I was able to get to the answer. I'm not sure I can verify the number but it's the best I can do. Here's what I did.

I went to Audience>Behavior>New vs Returning

Clicked on + Add Segment>Advanced-Conditions>Filter-Behavior-Page>Contains (here i included portion of page URL to identify section)

Hope this helps.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Helena your assumption of New User being the same as Users (Unique Users) is not correct two different metrics, for this report I would create a custom report this would be the easiest way to obtain what your looking for. If you need help in creating a custom report let me know they are very easy once you get started very intuitive.