Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Can I analyze a competiotrs website with Google Analytics?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hey there

Im very new to using Google Analytics, my company has it but dosent really use it so I aim to change that. We are doing a drive to expand our markets and I was wonder if there is a way to analyze a competitors website? 

I.e I want to now how they reached x competitors website and what they searched for there too see what we should improve in. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, it's not really possible using Google Analytics. If you have enabled benchmarking on your Google Analytics property you'll be able to compare high level metrics (traffic, sources, bounce rates) within your vertical/industry. But it's very high level.

I think what you're looking for is something to do content analysis, share of voice analysis on search engines etc. Take a look at Searchmetrics or Brightedge.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can track only websites where you installed your GA code.

For competitors research you can use similarweb.com 

N/A
# 4
N/A

I have tried similarweb.com but it only registers when you have 5k visitors per month our more, which we dont have..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not Possible

Possible only if you have access of your competitor Google analytics account.