Analytics
1.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Campaigns not tracking properly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I set up a campaign using the URL builder to track a campaign that I was running on a digital website. When I look under my campaigns, it is telling me that only 11 people clicked on the ad. However, after receiving analytics from the company that provided us with the platform to place the advert, we were told that there were approx 90 extra visitors to our website that had clicked the advert.

Why is there such a big discrepancy? Are they fabricating figures? They use what would appear to be a reputable source for their figures. Can you explain why this may have happened?

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaigns not tracking properly?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

it depends what is the number that they provided to you and what is the number that you are looking at in your reports.

Most likely they can see clicks of that ad. One user in your GA can click that ad multiple times generating multiple sessions or one user can click ads multiple times and generate only one session to your GA.

Also any number of technical errors are possible (redirects, missing campaign parameters etc..)
I would go and ask from the company detailed explanation how that number is calculated. Then you have better chance of finding corresponding number from your reports.

It is not that they are fabricating, they have just different point of view.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible